Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Fight, Part 62

Sorry for the delay guys. It'd take too long to explain it all.


So there I was, standing just feet from where I knew Rakasha was waiting for me. I'd collected nine of the ten pieces of Hercules' armor--the two pauldrons, crown, two gauntlets, chestpiece, cape and two boots. The armor all matched and fit well with the white of my own armor beneath. It all made me look about two feet taller and wider than I actually was, but besides appearance it made me a lot more powerful--in fact I wasn't exactly sure how to handle this much power. It was too much, too fast. Controlling it, though, was something that would have to wait. I'd practiced with it enough to know I'd be able to face the Purple Knight, though I was scared of what the mysterious messenger had told me. He said that if Rakasha had manifested himself in his true form he would have easily killed me. So what if he did that now, and he was too powerful? I couldn't think about that now, though. The last piece of Hercules' mantle was guarded by that purple bastard now and I had to get it if I had any hope of avenging Adrienne, not to mention whatever might happen with Stewart soon.

I stepped forward, my swords drawn and ready. There was no preamble. The Purple Knight sprung from the ice just as he did before, and the battle was started. This time he was no faster than me, in fact I was much faster. I was stronger, too. He charged and I grabbed him by the throat. He struggled but had no chance--I quickly cut off his head. He fell lifeless to the ice, but before I could do anything there was a rumbling and I turned around to see an entire pack of what looked like rabid unicorns charging.

"What the fuck?" I said out loud. The first one was charging at me at lightning speeds. I caught him by the horn as he approached and all his momentum was gone. I broke off his long horn and stabbed him through the throat with it. I dispatched the rest with ease as well, slicing them with my swords or just punching them with my new found strength.

Once they were gone I was relieved, everything seemed calm, but I knew it was too easy, and when I turned around I saw the most horrible thing in the world. There, standing where the Purple Knight's body had been, was a bastardization of what he was. He had been ugly before, now he was hideous, three feet taller, bulbous pustules growing from every orifice. He groaned as he walked forward. I, despite all my power, felt weak. He came at me faster than I could see, slapped my up in the air and then caught me with a tentacle sort of thing. He slammed me back down into the ice, which cracked, and held me below the surface in the freezing water. I struggled against him, tried cutting him with my swords, but nothing worked. Just when the light began to fade he tossed me up in the air again. Air filled my lungs and I could feel nothing but cold. He slapped me with the flat of his greatsword and sent me flying once again. I landed in a pile of dead unicorns. Many of my bones I knew were broken.

I tried getting up, but before I could move he was there again, straddling me. He punched me in the face, and stars erupted in my vision. He punched me again, and darkness took hold for a moment. Once more, and the darkness lingered for a few seconds, and again and again till I didn't know if I could fight it any more.

"No, this is not my full strength," he said. "Not even close."

My whole face was bleeding, and the blood and the darkness clouded my vision and all that there was was an evil that was above me. There was no redemption here, but it made me realize that I was no better, for I ignored what my uncle had tried to teach me. I wasn't supposed to be looking for revenge. Maybe I deserved this. But then I saw Adrienne, as beautiful as she was, her golden locks flowing. For a moment I simply imagined myself holding her, kissing her one last time--

"Go," she said softly. "Go and fight. For me."

I opened my eyes and there was the beast once more.

"Back, are we? You dozed off there." He was still straddling me.

"Get off me, Fuckface." I said.

"Grow a spine while we were asleep, did we?" His voice was odd, deeper than it had been.

I didn't respond, but pushed as hard as I could. He went flying upward and I moved to where I could since the last piece was. I stuck my hand out and it flew to me. It was a spear.

As soon as it hit my hand I felt power flow through me like molten silver. Everything was changing around me as I grew to a level of power I never thought possible. My muscles bulged out and then tightened, compact and hard as diamond. Veins throbbed along my body and for the first time I felt like I could face this threat.

I noticed something at the tip of the spear. It was long, nearly eight feet, and the blade was nearly two of it. It was pointed but also shard on two sides, and at its base were two small slots. I knew immediately what they were for. I pulled out my swords and stuck their hilts into the slots, where they stuck like magic. they became two more blades, so that the spear became a trident sort of thing, and it was all done. I turned toward Rakasha and his Purple Freakshow with a smile on my face, and bloodied though I was, I saw in his eyes terror.


-The Knight

StumbleUpon

No comments: