Monday, December 14, 2009

The Lesser of... Three Evils? Part 45

So... I didn't have a pleasant flight. Of course I knew the devil must be in Birmingham otherwise Dracula wouldn't have taken us there, but shit. Birmingham was fucked up. I mean, it was already fucked up, but now... There was not too much left.


At any rate, my plane crashed. We were flying in, and the pilot decided to take a chance with the cloud. I'm guessing he wasn't getting any kind of reply from the airport so he decided to wing it. Either way, I started hearing this tearing sound. Then the plane started plummeting. Then the glass broke and these just plain hideous things burst through the window. I did what came natural by now, I leapt forward, removed the demons closest to me of their heads and arms, and pulled out the raft and jumped out the window with it. Hey, the people on the plane were doomed anyway. I would live either way, but there's no way they would survive the fall.

So I'm falling in a great big yellow raft (why not? It worked for Indiana Jones...), and I end up landing somewhere in East Lake. Well. That worked nicely. Lucky me. Within minutes Valentina and Dracula (and their horde) are right next to me, pulling me out.

"Come, young one. Time draws short."

Val picks me up and we all fly back to Dracula's mansion. Me and Val barely have any time to relax and talk to each other when Dracula says: "We have visitors."

"Huh? Who?"

Deep down I already knew. It just really hurt me to know that such a good friend had become such an enemy. I hadn't worked as hard as I could have to find him back in Russia. I didn't want to have to kill him. Maybe it will be different now that we are united against a common goal...

As soon as I walk out of the mansion, Stewart notices me and this weird suit of armor just appears over his body. I have my hand on my sword, ready for anything. Dracula makes his army of followers surround Stewart, basically letting him know that he has the power, and that he will listen or die, demon helper or not. Stewart realized this, and he settled down a little. I couldn't help but notice the evil glare he gave me as we walked inside. I did my best to return it, but it just isn't the same if you don't feel it.

We sat down at a table. The arrangement was (going around the six chairs) Dracula, Valentina, Me, Alex, Mary, and Stewart. I made sure to sit directly across from Stewart. I don't trust him anymore. Not in the least. And I still hate Ser. He and Dracula talked a bit. Then I interjected.

"So, Stewart. Tell me something. Where's Maria?"

I could see from the side of my eye the Valentina was looking at me with a kind of worried look.

"Who?"

"Crazy Bitch"

"Oh her. I killed her a while back. Left her body to rot somewhere in St. Petersburg."

Valentina didn't look so worried any more. I don't know whether I should feel flattered or disgusted my that.

"You son of a BITCH!"

We were about to leap onto the table and fight right then, but Dracula's forces swarmed in and sat us down very rapidly.

"You two obviously can't behave in the room together, so I suppose I'll have to keep you seated while we talk."

Stewart looked a bit confused. I guess he hadn't figured out that vampires can cancel demonic powers. Well, I he didn't know, now he knows. And he's not happy about it.

We talked for quite some time. Put together a plan. Well, it was more of Dracula laying out his plan for us. You know, its weird, but I actually feel like I can trust Dracula to keep his word. Maybe its because I'm comparing him to Stewart, or maybe its because I know that he will need my help again as soon as we rid the world of the devil. Because even though we haven't talked about it yet, I'm sure we both know that Stewart will try to the both of us as soon as we take out Satan.

I kind of lean over and whisper to Alex.

"So, hows it been going?"

"Well, to make a long story short, I've been constantly babysitting Stewart, Ramsey and their respective girls for the past few weeks while dodging demons, shrapnel, and a mess of other things. And I got this awesome jacket. Want some chocolate? Nevermind, I know you do."

He pulled out a bar of chocolate that was impossibly huge to be coming out of a pocket so small and he handed it to me.

"Holy Shit. That is an awesome jacket. You'll have to explain that one to me later. But did you say something about Ramsey?"

"Oh, yeah. He's got powers to. Turns out his uncle was a demon slayer and his powers were passed down to him through his magical sword when he died. And he's got a griffin."

"Wow. I missed alot. Thanks for the chocolate."

I kinda munched on the humongous chocolate bar while Dracula revealed his plan (or at least the part of that the plan he wanted us to know). When the meeting was over, Stewart, Alex, and Mary left. Me and Val went to our quarters.

"I'm sorry about what happened to Maria. But try to forget about her, ok? You've got me. Come on."

I didn't resist. I was worn out. Not from physical work, just from the meeting. I felt drained. I was so confused. There were so many evil forces at play, so many different levels of "bad" that I just didn't really know which way to turn. I believe that at this point Dracula is the way to go. Satan is definately more powerful and more evil. Stewart is probably the weakest of the three evils in power but the greatest in potential. So Dracula is the not-so-happy medium. Oh well. Maybe this will clear up in the morning. I'll have to have a talk with Dracula...

Dr. Orange

StumbleUpon

No comments: