Sunday, December 6, 2009

This Place is Cold, Which is Why We Drink to Feel Warmer ... Part 19

I had to get out. This crazy 2 day train/1 day sleep schedule was getting the best of me. I couldn't sleep when he trained and I couldn't sleep when he slept due to him being so paranoid that Zac will find us. Mary and I made rounds staying up and looking over the fort. I don't know what she did during her shift but I sure as hell just played games. This place is too cold for a hideout, no one would think to look here. Once my watch was up, I woke up Mary.

"Hey I'm gonna go get some air. I'll be back later."
"Don't you want to sleep? You look like shit."
"A few more hours won't make much difference. He should wake up soon anyways."
"Watch yourself."

The cold woke me up instantly. I guess Stewart's spirit (I refuse to call him by the cute little pet name stewart gave him, im sure hes twitching everytime stewart calls for him) keeps the warehouse warm for everybody's comfort. I made my way to the local market to get some more food. On my way there I noticed a familiar figure, I didn't think anything of him previously but this time I noticed the sword. The sword was plain, nothing special, but how he handled it was superb, even from a distance he seemed like he knew what he was doing ... only question left is why he would be carrying and unsheathing it in public like that. My curiosity got the best of me. I made my way to the strange figure as he was walking out of an alley, he looked a bit distraught.

I am sure I seemed like a severe creeper as I followed this guy around but it seemed like he didn't notice. Maybe Stewart's spirit has something to do with that. The usual go unnoticed until you interact with someone. Who knows.

Shit I've been following this guy for a few hours now, he doesn't seem to have a place to stay. He just wonders aimlessly. I just recently noticed his lack of appropriate attire for this weather.

Fuck it, gotta take chances.

I sped up to catch up with him .... holy shit what is he doing here ......

"What are you doing here man?"
"What?"
"What are you doing here?
"Do I know you?"
"Sorry you looked like a friend of mine, what's your name?"
".. uhhh Ramsey."

The spirit's disguises theory proved to be right.

"Oh, Sorry about, Nevermind."
"Wait, how do you speak such great English?"
"Walker, Texas Ranger"

He walked off with a chuckle while I quickly made my way back to the warehouse to tell Stewart of my recent sighting completely forgetting about the food.

"You won't believe who I just ran into in this shithole."
"Who?"

StumbleUpon

No comments: