Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Reunited by the Scrolls. Part 53

Fucking cold. I can't fucking stand this shit. I am not built for cold weather. I'm built for scorching hot suns. This is bullshit. That damn scroll better be close. Damn you Dracula. I'd probably have been better off killing Stewart my damn self. How the fuck am I supposed to find a little scroll under all this ice? I'll just go where my mind takes me.


I walk for at least an hour. Then I stop and start digging. And digging. And digging. I can't feel my fingers and toes and nose. Shit. Forget this.


"I'll be back Val."


"Where are you going?"


"Down."


She looked a bit confused. I dematerialized and kept on going down. I finally came to this chamber. Almost like a tomb...


I walk towards what looks like a coffin. I'm gonna open it. Don't know why, but I'm gonna do it. Here we go...


I pull of the lid and a huge tentacle flops out with a "sploosh" type sound. It smells like piss, shit, and raw fish all at the same time. Then the tentacle slides out. Followed by another and another. I have to back up. This thing is getting huge. Eventually a humongous octopus looking creature has pulled itself out of the tomb. Um... I don't quite remember him saying anything about the Kraken being in here.


We stared at each other for sometime. Then I spoke.


"Um... do you have any idea about where a scroll is?"


He didn't say anything. Apparently giant octopi don't talk. However, he did pull out rather nasty piece of rolled up paper from his mouth.


"So look. I'm guessing you want to be free to roam the sea again. I'm all for that, but I expect you to help me out if it ever comes to that. Come on."


I grab the beast by a tentacle and make my way back up to the surface. When I get there Valentina is even more surprised to see a giant octopus coming right behind me.


"What the fuck is that?!"


"It's the infamous Kraken. Kraken, Valentina. Valentina, Kraken. There. Intro done. Peace be with you Kraken. Until we meet again."


He hesitated. Then he opened his mouth and pointed to it.


"Hey, there's no way in hell I'm just gonna let you eat me now. You survived in that tomb that long well then you can survive long enough to find something. There's gotta be a whale nearby. Or a cruise ship."


Then I saw a glimmer inside his mouth. Oh... portal. Duh.


"Come on Val. He wants food he gets it."


We walk in and come back out in Egypt. On top of a pyramid. Who would've known that the Kraken's mouth led you wherever you wanted to go? I guess whenever a ship got eaten all those pirates just went on vacation...


"Ok Val. Let's strip and find this scroll."


We race down the pyramid. It's a tie, but only because I let her catch up with me. We go into the pyramid. It's King Tut's. We go into the chamber where he lays. I open another tomb. He's pretty decrepit looking. Then again, I guess that happens when you die. I wouldn't know. I'm gonna hate doing this...


"Val can you do me a huge favor?"


"What's that?"


"Can you rip open Tut's ribcage and grab the scroll?"


"...You sure it's in there?"


"Pretty sure. But if I'm not I wanna be able to say it wasn't me. I'll point at you and run."


"Haha, very funny. Ok, Zac. Whatever you say."


I turned my held. I didn't wanna see a famous dead body get dismembered. How would you feel about someone graverobbing Micheal Jackson? Exactly.


Instead of bones cracking I hear someone else speak.


"What do you want here? Why do you disturb me?"


"Zac, your turn."


"Sorry, Tut, but I need that scroll your hiding in your ribcage. I plan on reviving a friend of mine. And I need that to do it."


"So Dracula is dead? He helped build the pyramids. Of course."


He pulled it out and handed it to me.


"Thanks, Tut. Your a real cool guy, you know that?"


"Of course."


Yet another portal opened.


"It's that time again, huh?"


We stepped through and came back out... somewhere in the sky? I'm falling. Val starts flying after me to catch me, but all of a sudden something comes from under me and does her job for her. What ever it was, I can feel power coursing through it. I look and I notice that it is a tall white-haired man with a look of determination in his eye. I hope that's not determination to kill me.


He looks at me for a second, and his expression changes to one of surprise, even happiness.


"Dude! Zac, how have you been!"


The voice is so familiar... But I haven't meet the guy before.


"Zac, who is this?"


"Yeah, who is this?"


"It's me, Ramsey!"


"Holy Shit! Wuzup man?!"


Dr. Orange

StumbleUpon

No comments: