Tuesday, December 15, 2009

This Tension Can't Be Cut With A Butter Knife, You Need A Damn Chainsaw ... Part 47

I didn't want to go. I absolutely refused to go but for some reason I went.

A cold sweat was taking over my body. The tension produced by the presence of Zac and Stewart within 5 feet of each other was unbearable. Petty conversations and insignificant arguments charged the air.

Borgo seems like he has the situation in complete control and it seems like he does but it is quite difficult to keep these two under control for long. This meeting needs to end soon or something needs to happen. The silence is unbearable.


Zac tries to make conversation and we talk about our recent discovery of Ramsey's powers. His attention is quickly taken away by the chocolate I remove from my jacket.


I can't stand this situation. I keep looking around the circle trying not to give any one too much attention. Sitting across from Borgo is terrifying. 


I reach into the jacket for a bottle of water. Along with the bottle, I remove a note.


"As you might know, your dear friend plans to take advantage of the help I am graciously providing him. Dear old Serras has always been easy to predict and never really thinks things through." I quickly glanced at him and he nodded towards my jacket. I went in to grab it, trying to make it look as innocent as possible. 

"Now I know you are wondering how you will fit into all of this and I have an answer for you. Easy, as you may have imagined I have been killed before and I deeply despise the void, almost as much as I despise this cursed planet."


The paper was small and not much can be written on the pieces while remaining legible and inconspicuous. I withdrew another scrap from the jacket. 


"Due to your other friends quick judgment and avarice. He destroyed most of my loyal following and I was forced to take these hooligans at the time."


"A small portion of my following remains. In hiding of course, the details will be given to you shortly. The task I ask you to perform should not be difficult but will be challenging. I do believe you will succeed."


"As for your friend, he will be successful in his goals, temporarily. Which is where you my dear young acquaintance make your appearance."


" I know those of his kind. There have been many before. Upon his success, which is party caused by the weakening of my force by our young vampire slayer. He will go out to enjoy himself with his lady companion. Which is where you come in."


Borgo's notes have kept me distracted for quite awhile. I found myself in the middle of a strategy talk. Stewart's spirit and Borgo were exchanging information pertaining to Satan's weaknesses and so forth. Why are they talking about Satan?


"My followers are currently spread throughout the world. Your job will be to find them and collect the scrolls required for my summoning. The exact numbers and locations will be given to you in due time."


"I will continue to contact you, but now it is time to adjourn." 


The notes shortly sublimed and disappeared into the ceiling fan, which distributed the vapors evenly throughout the room. I was flabbergasted by the proposition and did not know how to respond or what to do. He knows he will die and he is willing to risk death in order to kill Satan ... this is all too much. Zac really did a number on his following if the remains are in hiding and will be too scared to bring back their master ... 

Something was wrong. The tension increased but not due to the company. Something happened ... or maybe that just my pits.

StumbleUpon

No comments: