Sunday, December 13, 2009

Never Trust An Old Guy In A Funny Looking Hat .... Part 43

We stood for a few minutes and watched Ramsey fly off into the sun.

"Well at least he took his wench with him this time."
"True dat."
"What are you talking about? You haven't had to look after the chick every time he was gone."
"True dat."

We made our way back to the house but we stopped at the back door to find an old guy with a top hat and a cane standing in the doorway with a small army of ..... Russians?! .... behind him. I stood mildly confused as Stewart's spirit took over the situation.

"How nice to see you Count." He bowed .... well Stewart bowed but ..... he fucking BOWED.
"How nice to hear a civilized voice my dear Serras. Everybody have moved on to Drac or the big D. It's refreshing to talk to someone with at least a hint of manners."

The spirit didn't have control of Stewart for long. Soon after The Count finished, it seemed like it was taking Stewart all his effort to stand still and not attack.

"What have you done to her?"
"To who? ... Oh you mean the lovely lady sleeping inside on the couch ... She is unharmed. Much to your astonishment I am actually here to help you."
"And how do you suggest that is possible?"
"Let's say we have a common friend we both would like to see gone. Please let's step inside. All this sunlight is making me nauseous."

We stepped inside. The small army covered up all the windows and doors and dispersed. I do not exactly know what happened to them but more than half seemed to disappear as we walked to the chairs and couch, although the lack of light in the whole house might have had something to do with that.

"This place is like a cave."
"Just the way I like it. They're new recruits but blood is surprisingly good at storing information. They are almost as well behaved as my last collection."
"Where did you recruit them?"
"Russia, outskirts of Moscow. They're mostly rejects that were wondering the streets when I picked them up."

Stewart was not enjoying the small talk and quickly interrupted us.

"What do you want?"

I was seriously confused by this new Count individual and pulled out a name card out of my jacket. The name was beautifully embroidered in gold and silver and read. Count Borgo Dracula.


"You could have politely asked for the name. I am not embarrassed to pronounce it in front of mortals such as yourselves. As for your ill tempered friend here. I was us to work together. Much to your surprise we have a common enemy that I would like you to help me kill. If you agree, and I highly suggest that you do, I will give you control of my following. I do believe you will find them quite useful."
"I don't need your pathetic meat shields."
"You would be surprised the kind of fight they can put up and you might not have noticed but your friend Serras sure has. You are weaker, which might actually explain the hostility, I honestly apologize if I have threatened you. I merely wanted to come here and discuss a possible joining of forces. As I was saying, if you decide to help me in my cause you will have unlimited use of my followers. Who are as our enemies underlings, just as disposable and just as unlimited in numbers."
"Who the hell are you talking about?"
"Serras, my friend, please enlighten my friend of who I am speaking of."
"He speaks of your the father you recently met. Their quarrel dates back to ancient times. With you here, the Count ..." Stewart bowed once again towards Borgo. " ... has the best opportunity to finally settle their dispute. He is much more powerful than I wish to be and his presence makes me weak. Do not mistake me on this one young mortal, but the Count offers you a very generous proposition."

I was speechless. I am a witness the plot to kill Stewart's recently met father ... what the hell? ... what has he been hiding?

I was still lost in thought when Borgo appeared behind me and whispered in my ear.

"A small dagger if you don't mind." I hesitated but pulled out a small ornamented dagger from within the jacket.
"Much appreciated." At which point he proceeded to cut my hand. I started panicking but tried to hide it.
"No reason to panic. This is merely a custom. A reminder, that this meeting was, is and must remain a secret between the 4 of us. Don't worry about the mindless puppets they cannot think for themselves." He proceeded to cut his own hand and then moved and sliced Stewart's hand. I noticed the small vial in his bloody hand.

"I must now depart. Our other young acquaintance will arrive here shortly. Old dear Serras will know where to find me once you make your decision. Come my sweets. "

He walked out through a full length mirror in the hallway and disappeared like he was never even here.

I waited a few minutes after every soul, or carcasses with a lack thereof left the house.

"Well .... I almost shat my pants."

The blood dripping from Stewart's hand woke Mary up.

StumbleUpon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahahahahahahahahahahhaahaha

That's some funny shit.