Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Necessary Sacrifice. Part 49

I woke up early. Before anyone should have gotten up. But I knew he was up. I don't know why, but I can almost feel him now. Maybe it has something to do with me and Val. I dunno. At any rate, I walk up to his room and knock on his door.


"I hope I'm not waking you up or anything, but we need to talk."

He opened the door.

"On the contrary, I was expecting you. Come in."

I walked in and sat down in a chair in his room.

"You must know that Stewart is gonna betray you. Betray us all. He's a power hungry fucker and he's gonna kill you and Satan and become the Prince of Darkness and Lord of Vampires."

"Indeed, I do. That's where you and your friend Alex come in."

"What?"

"He will kill me. He will kill Satan. There is not very much we can do to prevent that if the plan is to succeed. He will absorb Satan's power and part of mine."

"Um... And you're fine with this?"

"Fine doesn't quite encompass the feeling, but yes. I am. Satan and I will die, however, I will be resurrected by the two of you."

"How do expect that to happen? That's not on my list of powers."

"There are 6 scrolls, 3 of which are in my possession. The other 3 are spread throughout the globe. You and Alex will retrieve them after my death."

"And what if Stewart finds out? If he gets there first we are all screwed."

"I have a decoy. He has been rumored to hold one of my scrolls for hundreds of years. Even I believed him to have it for a long time. Even though he doesn't know, he is my decoy for such matters. Ser will lead Stewart to him because I specifically let the knowledge of that one leak out. No one but God himself and I know where the other scrolls are. There are no riddles, no group of wise men, no hints or clues anywhere in heaven, hell, or on earth. And now I share that knowledge with you."

I was expecting a piece of paper or something. Or maybe for him to tell me them in a hushed voice. Instead, he kind of... imprinted the knowledge in my head. Who knew he had telepathic abilities?

"Do not fail me, Zachary. If you do, it very well may mark the end of time."

"Why trust me?"

"Because you are the only one who has a pure soul. Alex is more of a wandering soul not yet knowing what to do. Stewart and Mary go without saying. Valentina is loyal to you regardless. You know what's at stake and what the right thing to do is. And you have the power. Now go. Get some rest. Our battle at Hell's gate will soon be upon us. As well as my departure into the void..."

He seemed a little morose. I don't blame him. I still can't believe its me. He trusts me. This is so weird. Fast Forward >>

I can't believe he actually did it. Stewart just killed Satan and Dracula at the same time. What in the hell? The battle was so quick...

He tosses Alex a piece of Dracula's heart. He eats the other. Then Stewart leaves before we can react. Alex decides that he might as well do the same. He cringes for a moment. Then he suddenly becomes a bit more spooky than normal. I don't know what it is, but its an aura of respectable formidableness (if that makes any sense) not unlike a weaker version of Dracula's.

But one thing... Stewart closed the portal... So we're stuck. And there was another problem. Stewart was now the demon's lord, but they still didn't have to like us. After all, we did just help take out Satan. Shit. They look mean. I turn to Alex.

"You ready for another fight?"

"Let's do this."

Alex, Val, the rest of the vampire horde and I all dash forward into the army of demons attacking us. We are a great team. We are kicking ass. We should name this team. I'll worry about that later. Between all the cutting and slicing, there's not much I can think about. After a few hours, there's only about a twentieth of Stewart's original army left.

"Fuck it. I'm tired of killing these punk ass demons."

Alex pulled a portal out of his pocket and we all jumped through. It closed behind  us. I took a huge breath. Birmingham's polluted air felt amazing as it bathed my lungs. Hell's air was nauseous. It was good to be back on planet earth.

"Why didn't you tell us you could pull portals out of your pocket?"

"Hey I just thought about it, OK. Don't look at me like that, punk."

"Alex, Val, we need to discuss our next move. There's no way in hell we can let this drop. Stewart has had his chance to redeem himself, there's no fucking way I'm gonna pay for not letting Micheal kill him in the first place."

Micheal. There's a thought. I'm going to have to talk to him later...

"The three of us need start finding and collecting those scrolls. Dracula told me about them, and I know where they are. We need to go and get into something very warm. We are going to Antarctica."

Dr. Orange

StumbleUpon

No comments: