Monday, December 7, 2009

Closing TIme Part 24

Alex and I thought it best that we leave...soon. We told Ramsey we all had to go and soon. He was reluctant at first, but Ser promised to tell him about his uncle if he accompanied us for a while, he also promised training and the promise of warm shelter and food.

This worked. We gave ourselves a week to pack since Zach wont probably find us anytime soon and moving is just a precaution. He thinks we're in Moscow. Maria isn't so useless after all.

"Mary, I'm going out to get some money, do you want anything special?" I asked.

"No, I'm okay." she replied.

"Alright, I'll be back in a few days, I'm gonna go make a bloodtrail in a different city just in case."

And so I did. I hiked to the next city and attacked the rich family I found there. There were massive amounts of guys with guns. Oh fuck...I hit a mafia spot.

The men started shooting at me, and so I let them empty a few clips. I even fell over for the added effect.

And now for the fun.

And boom. I regenerated all of my limbs, snapped back up into the air, and hovered a few feet. Most of the fucking pussies dropped their guns and ran. I shot out a dark mist and wrapped it around each and every one of them.

"Ser, can we make them live through their worst nightmares?"

Ooh, you're getting very creative, I like this.

"Well then. Lets go for it."

And so it happened, every single person was consumed in their own nightmares, consumed with fear and hatred until they killed themselves. That was delightful. Ser looted all their pockets and took the cash and some guns for Alex. We then killed all the rich people inside the building, and had a good time doing it.

You would be correct in having figured out that was a Russian Mob heavy hitter's place.

"Ah, fuck it."

We returned home, and distributed the gifts.

"Stewart, we need to leave Russia if you keep hitting mob houses..." Alex was concerned.

"We'll be fine. Ser will take care of whatever we need to." I was too busy eating.

"Okay, so whats the game plan for this trip?" Ramsey walked in asking.

"Well, since Zach still thinks we're in Moscow, I figure we should go there first and see if he's on our trail. We have the disguises and I'm getting more comfortable with Ser's powers. From there we should take off back to the states to see what we've missed happening this past month." I replied.

"Okay, sounds good." Alex said.

Mary and I had another nice night, only to be disturbed by Alex running in and shaking me awake.

"Dude, we have a problem. I was at a bar, and I overheard these guys talking about the mob." He was frantic.

"So? People talk about the mob all the time, we're doing it right now as a matter of fact." I retorted groggily.

"Yeah, well, they put a hit out on you."

"How much?"

"1 billion, american"

"Holy fuck, that sounds like a lot."

"Oh, and get this, apparently a mysterious, orange clad, 'super'hero has been helping them with a turf war in Moscow."

"Turf war with who? Zach is helping the mafia?"

"Vampires. Apparently he is. But he has a vampire chick with him."

"Vampires? What the fuck? Does it bother you that a month ago we didn't even know magic was real and now two of us have super powers, I have a girlfriend, Ramsey has a magic sword and there are vampires in a turf war with the Russian Mob..?"

"Yes Stewart, the fact that you have a girlfriend bothers me in the greatest."

"Ha, well, okay, this is more reason to go to Moscow. We'll say I'm dead, pretend to be dead, wake up, kill them, take the money, get out and go back to Alabama." I said rolling back over, indicating that the conversation was over.

This just got a lot more complicated. We're going to have to make sure Zach still thinks we're in Russia. So we do this discretely, kill a mafia underboss and then take our money and go.

The next day we were packing the rest of our things. We were all deadly quiet.

"So what's been going on while we have been gone?" I asked.

"Well, I left a week and a half ago, but before that nothing much was happening. Everyone thought you guys were dead or transfered or something." Ramsey said.

"Damn..." Alex said in the corner, "no one fucking misses us."

Ramsey, your uncle was a good man. He was a strong man, and he had calves of steel. Literally. He and I fought as allies and as enemies.

"Wait, you were locked in a room for the past few hundred years, how'd you fight him?" Ramsey asked.

Well, he was about four hundred years old. After my downfall from Heaven, I realized I had indeed made the wrong choice, but Michael kept pursuing me even though I was content just to remain on earth. Your Uncle, after his birth, helped me evade Michael and regain all my powers. Unfortunately though, the tides turned against us and he had to side with Michael, trapping me inside that damned room. After that, he spent one night in it and told me that someday, someday I would be free, someday the right person would come along and share his mind and body with me and that when that day came, I would be hunted again.

"By him?"

Obviously not, he's dead.

"Hmm... Thanks Ser, you're not actually as evil as you seem." Ramsey seemed contented with this tidbit of information, and so as we finished packing we loaded up and headed back to Moscow.

I can't resist a fight.

Stewart, we cannot stay in Moscow for too long. Get the money and leave. Do it as quickly as possible.

And then we were off. Road trips were always so much fun.

StumbleUpon

No comments: