Sunday, December 6, 2009

I Don't Believe in Coincidences..... Part 20

"Who?"

"Ramsey." Alex was staring me dead in the face.

"Ser, can you track him?" I asked

No, he is masked somehow.

"Oh well shit. Why in the fuck is Ramsey here?"

"I don't know." Alex was still staring at me. "What do you want to do about it?"

"You're sure it was Ramsey?"

"Yeah. But he had a sword... He had a big sword."

"What the fuck does he have a sword for?"

"I don't know."

"I wonder if he's working with Zach."

Mary came in the room at that point.

"What's wrong with you guys? You look like you've seen a...well, you look weird," she said.

"A friend of ours is hanging around here..." I said.

"Zach?" she looked shocked.

"Um...no, a friend of ours from Alabama, I would have said Zach if it were him."

"Oh, well some people just say it with that inflection...I don't know, why is he here?"

"We don't know. Alex we're going to go find him. Ser, drop your disguise on us for a while."

"Are you sure we should do that?" Mary asked.

"You're not, you're going to stay here, I don't want a fight to break out and you be in the middle of it."

So we left. We went to the bar Alex saw him around and Alex went inside to ask if they'd seen him since. I was standing outside thinking why he could be here. I was wearing jeans and a small hoodie, people were staring at me strangely, but I had to keep my eye covered. What sort of approach should we take, if we walked up and acted friendly and he was working with Zach then he would kill us or attempt to, and I don't want to fight him. He's a good friend. Why is he in Russia? And whats with the sword...

"Okay, so the bartender saw him and said he is sleeping outside somewhere..." Alex said.

"Outside? It's snowing. Ser, when we see him make him warm and heal whatever the cold may have done to him."

Okay, would you like me to read his mind and tell you if he's here in a malicious fashion?

"
If you're able to."

We walked to a building in the middle of the village-esque thing we were in and noticed an unconscious guy lying next to a building.

"Bunch of savages in this town." I said.

He is okay, I'll wake him up.

"No, wait, make sure he doesn't wake up. We're taking him back with us."

I pulled out my phone and told Mary to get clothes ready for him.

We went back with him, meeting Mary at the door.

I was still concerned.

He means no harm towards you. In fact he didn't know you were in Russia when he came. He is here for other reasons...

"Thanks Ser." My feelings weren't settled quite yet. "Wake him up."

Ramsey sprang up reaching to his side to find his sword wasn't there. We were surrounding him.

"Ramsey, what the fuck were you thinking sleeping outside in Russia?" Alex asked.

"Fucking hell, its warm in here." He said, still waking up.

"That's me. I got powers, erm, a demon inside me now. His name is Ser, and he's bad ass."

"What?" he asked.

"Remember that day when we heard the ghost story in BritLit?"

And we told him the rest of the story from there.

StumbleUpon

No comments: