Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Show Must Go On, Part 54

Meeting up with Zach definitely helped with my sorrow. It was great to see him again, but seeing him with Val made my heart want to skip a beat and it wasn't something I liked. Still, not only was it good to see him but I wanted to ask him for help. I wasn't really sure how to do it, though, cause I didn't wanna just come out and say it. I mean, I needed him to help against Stewart, but I wasn't even sure I'd need help cause I wasn't sure I'd need to fight him. I didn't want his help with Rakasha, in fact I didn't even tell him about what happened to Adrienne.

I tried being subtle. "Hey, Zach," I said.

"Yeah?" he said.

"I need to ask you something."

"Go ahead, dude."

"Well... Just.... I wanna know... When the time comes, are you on my side?" I looked at him and I knew he knew what I meant.

"Yeah, dude. Of course."

"Good," I said, and smiled.

"So dude I'm not gonna lie now you look pretty scary."

"Yeah..." I didn't know how to tell him how I came by my new powers.

"You look like a fucking super saiyan dude."

"You're more right than you know." We both laughed. Just then, though, a strange man appeared from the sky.

"Ramsey?" he said, looking at me.

"Um.... Yeah?" I said.

"The man you seek hides in Valhalla." And then he was gone. I knew exactly what he meant, but Zach was obviously confused.

"What did he mean?" Zach said.

"Oh, it's nothing. Hey, you wanna meet my griffin?" I said, trying to change the subject as best I could.

"Yeah!" Zach said. While I was showing Zach Harx I was really thinking about Rakasha and his purple fuckhead minion. I wondered what else he had at his disposal. I knew that I could probably take the Purple Knight one-on-one but if Rakasha was helping him, which he probably would be, I wasn't sure if I'd even survive something like that. Still, I had to go and see where it took me. So I was off to the north.

I told Zach I had some stuff to do and that I'd catch up with him in a few days. He didn't understand at first--he wanted me to help him--but I convinced him. It wouldn't be long till I saw him again, I knew, which made heading north a lot easier for me. I was looking forward to going in and fighting my best fight, no matter what happened. It seemed appropriate that I was fighting for pride and for honor in a place like Valhalla.

And so Harx and I left Zach and Val behind, and we flew off into the wind.

StumbleUpon

3 comments:

Nurşen said...

Ok, for future reference it takes 3 days to read the entire contents of your blog if you're simultaneously studying for exams and procrastinating in other ways. Also for future reference, it's way better from first to last than backwards. And also, to state the obvious, it's pretty incredible. I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.

Dr. Orange said...

Thanks! Good to know we have at least one avid reader!

The Green Guy said...

Seriously, share it with other people who will like it and keep your ears open for when we release our first volume!

Bound and edited with cover art, it will be a couple hundred pages.