Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Nausea Is Merely A Figment Of Your Imagination ... Part 59

The bullet barely missed my side before ricocheting and landing some distance off. I was slightly frustrated and tried a few more techniques to break the glass. None of which were fruitful.


I hesitantly found the entrance to the maze. I could see the exit, which made the maze that much harder. 


A few minutes it, it seemed like I made absolutely no progress. I was merely a few panes away from the entrance. The movement of the waves and refractions of the light continuously play tricks on my mind and make the maze appear to move. Although the movement does explain how I have managed to make it merely this far from the entrance. This place will truly test my patience.


A few minutes later I come to a dead end. I try to retrace my steps and come to another dead end. I am still confused whether this place is actually moving or just looks like it.


I decide to sit down and listen for some kind of sounds of moving parts or engines or something indicating movement.


Silence.


The silence slightly reassures me but the dead ends do provide concrete proof. I try to remember which way is towards the exit. I don't remember, I took my mind completely off actually solving the maze. I look thorough the panes and decide to go towards the exit.


I soon find myself closer to the entrance than I was merely a few minutes ago. This whole place is a mind trick. What is its purpose? Why does Borgo want me here? 


My jacket yields no answers. I collect my thoughts and make my way through the maze. I take my mind off solving the maze and soon find myself at the last pane before an open area leading to a door. I start to celebrate only to find the sword I used mere hours ago to try and break the panes laying nearby. The nausea, I have accumulated from the constant movement of the water on the crystal, quickly catches up to me and I lay down near the entrance and fall asleep.

StumbleUpon

No comments: