Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Headhunters. Part 25

Sorry this post is so long. The Green Guy made a huge jump in the story so I have to play catchup.

When we last left our hero he was trying to decide whether or not he should try to reason with this soon to be vampire. His time for decision-making is up. Lets see what happens now...

It's been a few minutes, and I've decided to try the friend approach, since I've made more than enough enemies as of late. She suddenly snatches back up, alive and alert.

I wave at her sheepishly. "Hey. How's it going?"

She just gave me a stone cold stare. Then she glanced around the room, slowly remembering what had happened. I take this moment to pull out my trusty laptop and connect to her WiFi. Google Translator. I really hope this works. I type her messages to read.

"Are you alright? You're parents were just murdered..."

"I'm not grieving anymore. It's time for vengeance."

She tries to take off. I grab her leg before she can get out of the window and bring her back down.

"Whoa. Hold it there. Ok, vengeance. I'm all for that. Obviously, your mom and dad were in the mafia, right? I mean, why else would they have a house this huge? The question is why did a vampire just swoop in and kill them?"

"It's a turf war. Vampires VS the Russian mob."

"So you're a vampire now and you're gonna side with them?"

"No. I'm going to kill every single vampire in Moscow."

"Whoa. Alright. How about this then. I need money bad. I need food bad. I don't want to hurt anybody innocent if I can help it. So... How about we form a vampire killing team and get a job from the mob. We can go about this business of avenging your parent's death and we can live respectably at the same time. Deal?"

She thought for a moment. I like this chick. She's got a head on her shoulders. No no no. Maria. Maria's my girl. Anyway, the vampire chick decides.

"Ok, deal."

"Cool. The name's Zac by the way. I'm American, and I'll fill you in on the reason I'm here later. And your name is..."

"Valentina."

"Ok, Valentina. I can understand Russian, but I can't speak it. Do you know any English whatsoever?"

"Yes. I speak it pretty well. And I understand the bulk of it. I took English classes for the past few years."

"Great. Let me put this computer up then. And lets go."

She said she needed to take another shower to get the blood off of her. I decided to avoid any confrontation I would wait in the living room. I turned on the news. Something about a massacre today. A heavy hitter along in the mob was murdered along with everyone else in and around his house. Stewart. Well at least I know he's still here...

"You ready?"

Valentina finally walks back out in a really sexy black outfit. Damn. She isn't making this easy.

"Huh?"

"Are you ready to go?"

"Oh yeah. Yeah lets go."

"Good."

She swoops towards me and grabs my hands and flies back out of the window, carrying away. To the mafia!

We get there and decide to make a dramatic entrance. I slip in all invisible and walk through the walls into the room where the godfather was. She seeps in as a red mist through the vents. We appear in the middle of the room. Everyone is startled. They shoot. We evade and disarm. Within seconds, the room is once again silent.

"I think you should here what we have to say, Godfather."

"Of course. I know when I'm out gunned. Lets hear it."

"I've noticed you have a vampire problem. We're here to fix it. You pay us $500,000 by the head (and I do mean the head), as well as provide food and housing, and we'll take care of your problem."

"... What did he say?"

Huh? Oh yeah... She translated for me. I keep forgetting about that...

"Ahh... And what about you, vampire? You look familiar..."

"It's me, Godfather, Valentina. My family was killed just hours ago by the vampires and I have been transformed, but my loyalty still lies with you."

"Very well. For these services, I will pay you very well. The vampires are becoming a much larger thorn in my side than I had initially believed."

"Good. Here's the first head."

I toss the vampire's head on the ground in front of him.

"My underlings will pay you for your troubles. Thank you Mr...."

"Zac. Just Zac."

"Very well, Zac. Valentina. I will be seeing much more of the two of you. You will take over Valentina's household in wake of her parents' death. This won't be a problem will it?"

"On the contrary. It's a great idea."

"Well then. Some of my people will assist in cleaning up the place. In the meantime, there's your money. Perhaps you should go eat and prepare for more headhunting."

Well, here we go. First, I need to eat. But what about Valentina...

We leave.

"So... um... what're you going to do about eating? You know, 'the thirst'?"

"I will have to feed to survive. However, I haven't felt the thirst yet. Perhaps I have time. But they say that the love of another can quench the thirst..."

"... You don't say? Well here's your half I'm off to grab a bite to eat. Um... I'll meet you back at the house after I grab some food."

We take off on our separate ways. She glanced back, and saw I was already gone. Then she flew back towards the house. Then I return to the visible spectrum of light. Damn. I really want to help her, but I've got my own loyalties...

Dr. Orange

StumbleUpon

1 comment:

The Knight said...

This post looks like Halloween haha.