Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Light at the End of the Tunnel. Part 57

Sorry I took so long to post... Nah, no I'm not. Antyways...




Damn. I barely got to talk to Ramsey. At least I know I can trust one powered person. In the meantime, I don't know whether he will like the fact that I am reviving Dracula. Next time I see him, I'll see what he thinks before I decide whether or not to finish that. Either way, I'll have to wait to see him again. He has the last scroll. I don't know if he knows it or not. According to Dracula its... a part of him... whatever that means.


So where am I? Lots of trees and stuff. Jungle. And I don't see too many people. Hmm...


"Val, can you fly up and see if you can figure out where we are?"


"Sure."


She flew up. Really high.  After about a minute she came back.


"Well?"


"Brazil. Somewhere in the Amazon. The nearest village is that way. And I say nearest in a very loose way."


She pointed. We walked. Eventually we came up to the Amazon river. It look amazingly clear. I couldn't help but taste it. Wow. Then I swam across. I know, Val could have just picked me up and flew across, but I just don't like the idea of a woman picking carrying me around. It bothers me, even if she is incredibly strong. Either way, I got across and suddenly there was a quiet. Then a growl and before I knew it something big was on me.


"Holy Shit! What the fuck is that?"


I just missed getting bitten. This thing is huge. I threw it off of me and regained my footing. I was staring a werewolf in the eye. Well, I guess it was bound to happen eventually.


"Val, back up. I got this one. Werewolves are supposed to be able to kill vampires, too. I don't want to take the chance."


The beast looked in my eye. I wasn't scared. He could see that. Then he changed targets. Before I knew it he was running up a tree trying to get high enough to catch Valentine. She wasn't moving fast enough. I ran as fast as I could up the next one and threw my sword just as he jumped. It went straight through his heart just as he got his mouth curled around her ankle. He fell and she went down with him. He ripped of her foot just before I could kill him.


"Val! Holy Shit! Val!"


She was already dead.


"You fucking BITCH!"


I ripped my sword out of the wolfs heart and cut at him until there was nothing left. Then I stopped.


"Ok. Suck it up, Zac. Suck it up. You of all people can't afford to grieve."


I said a quick prayer and was on my way again. I realized that she was I was two for two. Both girls who tried to follow me around died by the hands of a ruthless enemy. Well, I won't be letting that happen again. Maybe after all this is over I will mourn them. If I'm not dead. Either way, it's time to press on.


Then I noticed a huge cave. It looked like it was... I dunno. It looked weird. And I could've sworn it wasn't there before. I walked inside. It was a long passage that eventually came to a door. I knocked. I don't know why, but I did. A peep hole opened and an eye looked through.


"Who goes there?"


The voice came out of a weird horn. I didn't really know what to say.


"Uh... my zame is Zac."


"I didn't ask for your name dammit! I said, 'who goes there?' Now who are you and what do you do?"



"I'm Zac. I am a vampire hunter, part time demon slayer, and nightclub DJ. I'm also a weary traveller in need of some rest and direction."


He looked into my eye. I guess he was trying to see whether or not I meant harm.


"Stay right there. And put down your weapon."


I hesitated. Then I decided there wasn't much he could do from behind a door anyway. As soon a my sword was on the ground I was surrounded by women holding swords to my neck. I didn't move. I don't think I can grow my head back.


"Whoa. Easy."


"Quiet!"


They grabbed my hands and fastened them behind my back. One of them took my sword. Then the man behind the door opened it up. No, it wasn't a man. It was a woman. The horn must have distorted her voice... I get it. They must be the Amazons. Wouldn't make since, but that how my life has been for the past few months. Shit, how long has it been? I've really lost track of time... Damn. Amazons are fine.


They led me down. There is a light further down this tunnel. Three in front of me, three behind, the closest of whom had a sword to my back. I'm not really worried. But I'll fake it. I want to keep my superhuman abilities to myself. Surprise might come in handy in case I need to break out.


Damn. They don't wear much here. Their armor doesn't really qualify as armor if you ask me. It's just enough to cover up the especially vital organs. And those are some really short skirts. I wonder do they wear underwear... I purposefully tripped down the stairs when we came to them. Nope, they don't.


One of them picked me up. Damn, what is it with me and attracting weird ass women? Anyway, we eventually get to the light. It's bright. Once my eyes adjust I see what must be qualified as the closest thing to paradise that I've ever been. I'm gonna love it here.


Dr. Orange

StumbleUpon

No comments: