Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So long as I'm here, no furniture shall be left unbroken.

I picked up Darksiders this morning, and I have to say I'm very pleased with it so far. I haven't gotten really deep into it yet, but thats alright, the gameplay is kind of like an easier God of War and the storyline is completely fucking awesome. 

The currency in this game is souls. Different souls also give you wrath (they are enraging souls...) and others give you health. You play as War who went down when he thought he was summoned to kick some ass and start the apocalypse, but he was too early and the ass kicking had begun without him. He was blamed for this mistake and decides to figure out who did it, rather than get the death penalty. Fun stuff. The cinematics are pretty awesome and the different back story as to Heaven and Hell is really cool. I like the way it is designed, and I will read the comic I got for pre-ordering it later and let you know how that is. It's a pretty thick comic.

When you kill an enemy they usually drop souls. This is understandable as the remaining demons and angelic beings are collecting souls for themselves. However, when you destroy furniture or cars or any other part of the destructable environment, you also get souls. A table, when beaten to death by your sword, gives you three souls. Yay. Table haters.

Speaking of souls as currency, I got Demon's Souls about a week ago, and I was kicking ass pretty well until I get to the seventh boss, and I'm pretty much stuck on all levels. I'll get through it though, its a fun game and if you haven't already read enough about it or if you are unsure to spend the 60 bucks on it, I say go for it, it is well worth your money, the graphics are beautiful and the story is pretty solid, and the time reward for having it is incredible. There are multiple playthroughs, and you have an online experience like i've never...well, experienced before in a game.


Anyway, thats all I got, see ya later.

StumbleUpon

No comments: