Wednesday, December 9, 2009

When Life Gives You Lemons ... Part 31

The demons were starting to surround us. This made me very nervous but Ramsey found us at the last moment and helped out with the problem. We exchanged words and he left again. This time taking the demons with him. Taking the window of opportunity I found a car and the two of us took off. As we made our way out of the city, the infestation stopped. I'm guessing they are all there just for protection of the big ominous cloud floating over the downtown area. I tried to call Stewart ... no answer. Where the hell is he, he's the one that asked for help.

As I was driving I started blacking out for short periods of time. Adrienne informed me that I needed to get some sleep. I just now realized how little sleep I have gotten ever since Stewart's paranoid ass hightailed it to Russia. I hesitantly agrees as I was pulling into the drive-way of my home. It was strangely empty, I told Adrienne to make herself at home and told her to awake me eventually.

I woke up. I don't know how much time has passed, I need to invest in a watch. I make my way to the kitchen but Adrienne is nowhere in sight. I started panicking until I noticed two jackets on the floor with Ramsey's sword on top. Picking up the sword I heard the shower water running. I placed the jackets and sword on the couch so they will stay within sight. I guess he wasn't thinking throwing it on the floor like that but I don't really blame him.


"I borrowed some of your clothe, hope you don't mind."
"No worries, I have plenty."
"Adrienne said you practically dropped dead once you came in."
"Yea, the last month has been pretty demanding. When did you get here and how long have I been 'dead'?"
"Well, I came about 6 hours ago." I couldn't help but chuckle
"Yea very funny dude, but you have been asleep for what almost a day now."
"Shit ..."
"Oh, by the way I grabbed something for you."
"What?"
"After I killed this weird demon, he dropped dead like a normal person. It was really bizarre. I checked him out after clearing the area and found this strange jacket."
"That explains the two jackets and your sword on the floor."
"Oh shit, I didn't realize I just dropped them like that."
"I'm sure you didn't."


He threw me the jacket not realizing I had a cup of scorching hot tea in my hand but I managed to maneuver myself as to not get it all over me. The jacket was a surprisingly good fit. I searched the pockets and found a lemon.

"That was strange."
"What was?"
"I was just thinking how handy it would be to have a lemon for my tea."
"..."

StumbleUpon

No comments: