Sunday, November 1, 2009

With Great Power Comes Shut the Fuck Up ... Part 1

This week isn't a continuation of the story, but don't worry, the Halloween chapter will come by Thursday, I have a few other projects this week so it might be delayed, but it is coming. This is my new story I'm working on, completely fiction. Yay. Ghosts and superheroes. What're you gonna do
? Ha...


The club was packed. Too many people if you ask me. Oh well, it was fun. It was an opening. Thank god I got on the VIP list. I know the DJ, he's cool. He has a future in this. I actually helped a lot in opening his club, it was to help my business plans along as well. He does a lot of musical work for me while I do a lot of advertising for him.

One of the gimmicks I wanted him to carry through with was to have a new mask every night that he DJ'd at the club. We were working on designs for a few masks to go with the theme nights and such, I would suggest an idea for him to draw (he also kicks ass at art) and he would design, then we would tweak and I would have it made.

We're both huge comic fans. Zach was chilling up at his turntables. I was walking out of the VIP rooms, and onto the main floor. Someone spilt beer on me as they bounced by. I saw Alex near the front shouting something up at Zach. I made my way towards the front.

Jesus fucking christ. The next morning I was hung over. I met up with Alex and Zach for coffee right before school, Zach was the only one not hung over, but thats just because he was performing.

We walked into our first class, which happened to be English. Seeing as how this was halloween week, she was going to tell us ghost stories from England.

This one, the story of 50 Berkeley Square. Holy shit. It is a certain room that scared everyone from staying in it. Everyone who did, ended up seriously disabled, or dead. This story perked me up from my headache. Completely distracted me. I couldn't stop thinking about it.

"I have a plan," I started off to Alex and Zach.

"Oh god, what is it?" Alex was still in pain, I could see him squinting through his sunglasses.

"We're going to England."

"For what?" asked Zach.

"Well, that ghost. We are going to stay in that mansion. We will each stay in a different room, and have only three things, a camera, pencils and a notepad."

"And.... why would we do that?"

"We are going to get artistic influence or dead. We will record all the stuff that happens with the camera set up in the corner of each room, and record any ideas we have for stories or cool things to do on the notepads. I will stay in the main haunted room, you two will stay on either side of it so that if any of us needs help, we won't be too far away."

"Okay... this sounds like a bad idea." Alex wasn't too thrilled at the time.

"I already made the arrangements. Pack your bags, we leave next week."


They weren't too enthusiastic until we actually got to Berkeley Square, the air there, it was different. We got inside, and I talked to the antiquarian book dealers that now resided there, we moved our bags up to our rooms, pulled out some ale we'd bought on the way and started drinking. We started out in the main haunted room. The room people have died in because of this black misty ghost, and I was intent on seeing it.

Zach and Alex went to their rooms at 11:30 p.m. I sat there drinking my last cup, and getting into bed.

It took me ten minutes to actually get to sleep, then about twenty minutes later, right at midnight, the alarm on my phone went off. I hadn't set my alarm. I thought Alex must have done that to play a prank on me. Well, my heart rate was slightly elevated, I just tucked my head under the covers and tried to go back to sleep.

I heard the door open.

"What? I'm trying to sleep."

There was no response.

"Come on guys, this isn't funny, I really want to sleep."

Still nothing.

"Oh my god! STOP IT, I'M NOT SCARED" I started yelling.

When they didn't say anything, I looked over the covers and saw the door open, with a massive amount of black mist floating, blocking most of the light from the hallway.

Oh shit. He's real.

He formed into a man. A man that looked, well, scary. He looked like he stepped out of a 1920's gangster film. He was wearing a long black pinstripe zoot suit. He had a red shirt, and a black tie. He was leaning on a cane, and a black fedora was resting at a slant on his head. His eyes were fire red. He stood and stared with a stone cold expression.

I stood up. God damn I'm stupid. I walked up to about a foot away from him, then stared into his eyes. He smiled. Then everything went black.

I felt disturbed. I was in deep sleep. Deep deep sleep. There was still a nagging, a pulling on me, i felt someone tugging at my arms. I woke up and my eyes flashed open, a black mist reached out from my arms and grabbed Alex and Zach, who looked worried and in shock at the same time. All in one fail swoop, I concentrated on letting them go, and all of a sudden, they fell to the ground and the mist was going back into my arms.

"What the fuck was that?" Zach was panting.

"I... I don't know..." I lied. I did know. I didn't understand, but I knew.

Yes, you know. I am a part of you now. you and I are one. I am your faithful servant. I will carry out all of your wishes. My powers are almost limitless, and you have the full range of them. The voice of the apparition bounded around the room, coming from me. I looked in the mirror and saw that one of my eyes was red, the other was its natural color.

"Wow, does this mean you can fly?" Zach was still having a hard time with this. Alex was sitting in the corner with a thoughtful look on his face.

"I guess." I tried to fly, and it happened, I floated up in the air then came back down.

I then concentrated really hard. The mist sprang from my body, then collected around me in a cloud. Then it settled I was in a jet black suit, with added muscles and two slits for eyes. My eyes were glowing red, my body was sleek and aerodynamic.

"So... uh, what's your name?" Alex asked, "if you have a costume you have to have a name to go with it."

'i don't know yet.....this is really strange...."

How about.....

StumbleUpon

No comments: