Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A Trip of Discovery .... Part 63

So yea I have been patiently waiting for everybody to post but that took too long and I picked up a copy of Modern Warfare 2. Partly due to Zac liking it as much as he did and party to not having bought Modern Warfare. The first playthough on regular difficulty lasted a mere 7 hours but my current attempt at beating the game on Veteran is significantly more difficult and taking a ton of time, not to mention the time spent playing multiplayer and the spec ops missions. Zac and I will compare our progress in a few days. I wonder if he started to play on veteran ...


I don't know how much time has passed. I stood up and the numbness of my leg brought me back down. I waited until the blood started to sufficiently circulate in my leg and stood up for another attempt at the maze.


It was starting to get dark and the lack of light made tracking through the maze impossible. I removed several flares and glow sticks and made my way around the maze.


I made it back to the entrance 2 times since the sun went down and now the sun was coming back up.


As the sun rose on to fill the room with light, I grew tired. The maze has strained me mentally as well as physically. As I continued in my attempt to find a place to stop whether it be back at the entrance or at the end, I tripped on on of the flares I dropped during the night, as I fell against the wall of the maze I tried to catch my self and planted my hands on the crystal panel. To my surprise I continued falling. The panel moved with me. All this time making my way through the maze I did not try to move the panels only shoot at them; making my way through the maze, I found that all the panels were movable and made my way to the end that I thought was the exit. At the end of the maze I found a similar door as at the entrance. This discovery did not make me happy until I opened the door into a different room.


The discovery of a new room made me excited but the sight made me cringe. The room looked like an obstacle course, but much more complex. There was grass on the walls and holes in the walls, It looked like something out of a Tomb Raider game. The holes in the walls confused me and reminded me of the Serious Sam games until I began walking into the room and an a set of 3 arrows flew right in front of me. Luckily I did not step far enough for them to hit me but the image of my body with an arrow in my eye socket, stomach, and knee did not raise my spirits.


I decided the current progress was far enough and fell asleep in the door way.


My short nap gave me enough energy and clear mindedness to continue until night fall. I slowly made my way through the course using a riot shield to block the arrows but almost died when a stone dropped less than a meter in front of me. After I made it through maybe a quarter of the course the arrows decided to not just fly from the right side of the room but from all over the place. The ominous holes in the floor became that much deadly.


The course tested my puzzle solving abilities and my ability to create objects with the jacket. One of the notable items of the day was definitely the hamster ball shield. It got me through a large chunk of the course until I had ditch it due to its inability to successfully maneuver uphill. I also decided to test some plate armor. The plate was another success and protected me from a several hits until the arrow somehow managed to find its way into my calf. I cut off the arrow as best as I could and left it in my leg to take care of later. I limped to the end of the course and I think got a concussion from the unfortunate fall I had when going down the stairs from the elevated course to the door at the end of the room. The fall proved too much and I passed out at the doors to the exit with the arrow still in my calf and my plate armor mostly still on.

StumbleUpon

No comments: