Monday, February 1, 2010

A Race Against Time ... Part 71

I was still crippling but couldn't feel the pain. The drugs were doing their job well. This room was enormous; only when  I lost sight of the robot carcasses did I see the faint outline of a door in front of me. As I made my way forward the outline evolved into an image of a door. 


I was not very far from the end when a loud crash stopped me in my tracks. I looked down and saw a crack between my feet. I quickly turned around to see another robot standing behind me. I was dumbstruck, I didn't know what to do.  I was confused whether this one was like the rest and activated with proximity sensors or if I had mere moments until the robot sprung to life. Either way, I had limited time until the whole place was full of salt water.

I didn't take any chances and attacked the robot with a sword. The robot parried the attack and sent me to the floor. I tumbled and turned to see the robot flying at me with his own sword ready to stab. I rolled at the last possible moment and made the robot stab the floor. The sword looked to be stuck in the crystal but the robot pulled it out like he was just getting some butter for his toast. Right as the sword left the hole in the floor, a loud crack made its way through the room. More webs appeared on the floor. My time was running out. I tried to imagine what the room looked like but the entrance was fuzzy in my head.

The robot wasted no time thinking of the webs of cracks spreading throughout the room and continued to pursue its goal of trying to kill me. A little fountain appeared where the robot stabbed the floor. The pain in my leg started to come back through the adrenaline and the drugs. I was forced to port around the area to prevent too much stress put on my leg and further fighting with the robot. 

After a few minutes of porting from the robot I finally managed to get the robot to jump into a portal. He was now somewhere over the area of the last robot massacre. I could hear the echo of the crash created when the robot fell on the carcasses. I hopped to the exit. The cold water from outside of the room was covering the floor and the little fountains created by the cracks in the floor were covering my jeans with water. 

I could see the robot running towards me as I was closing the doors. The edge of his blade penetrated the gab between the doors. I made my way down the hall away from the door. The old man met me at the entrance to another room.

StumbleUpon

No comments: