Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Awkward...? Part 73

I'm face to face with my friend and enemy. Well, this is awkward now isn't it? Ramsay told me that Stewart was with him, but that doesn't really help in these kinds of situations. My hands on my sword. It's not moving.


"Well. What do you want? You succeeded in finding me. You trapped me in a fucking cage. Now what?"


"Wait... cage? What?"


"Your demon general. General... what was it?"


"Oh you mean General Grief? No wonder he knew where he was. Damn. He's good."


"So what the fuck do you want?"


"Oh right. Well I'll tell you later. Right now we need to find Alex, then I'll explain it to you all."


"I'm not coming if you don't tell me why."


"Ok, fine. Basically, we are going to be the new Four Horseman of the Apocalypse because I killed the originals. I'm Death, Alex will be War, Ramsay will be Famine, You can be Pestilence."


"I'm not interested. Leave now."


"What?"


"I'm not interested in being a Horseman of the Apocalypse. It's stupid and pointless. I want to go back to the way things used to be, but I guess that's impossible thanks to these damn powers we've all got. I see that now. So go find someone else to be Pestilence. Get one of your demons to do it."


With that I walk off. Ramsay, who was standing a few yards behind me didn't try to stop me. I think he knows how I feel about this, and he respects it.


"Stewart I think we should let him go."


"Hey, Zac! What about Maria!?"


I turn and pull out my sword and within a split second I have it at his throat. If it weren't for the reflexes he'd built up he'd be dead, but he managed to block my sword with his claws.


"You shouldn't have mentioned her."


I phase out and stick my hand into his chest. I have the advantage of surprise. He doesn't know quite how much I've improved. That move probably won't work again. Luckily I wont need it again. Besides, I've got lots more.


Just as I am about to remove his spine, he says something that stops me.


"I was going to say... if you do it, I'll bring back Maria..."


I didn't know what to say. I had blocked the thoughts of my broken promise out for so long, but now it hits me like a sledgehammer. I let him go.


"Fine. But you better not pull any shit. Val comes with me and you're going to make sure she's safe. And we get to live on Earth because Hell just doesn't set right with me. You can just chirp us when you need us. And one more thing..."


"What?"


"I've got to change the name. "Pestilence" sounds like I have the AIDS."


"Fine. What are you gonna change it to?"


"I've got an idea..."


Dr. Orange

StumbleUpon

No comments: