Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy Reunions! Part 81

I decided that I didn't really want to infect people with fatal diseases. But I did wanna use my newfound power a little. So I made up a disease. I call it Vibrancitus. It's an STD actually. Whoever (or whatever) is infected with it will automatically glow bright orange. In the future I'll probably make different color strains. I chose to infect all of the strippers and prostitutes Las Vegas with it and then watch it spread. I made it to show up after 48 hours and only last about a week. But people don't know that. I thought it would be fun to watch the news and see how everything turned out. It will be pretty interesting to see who all ends up with it...

It's been a while since I've been able to do something crazy just to blow off the steam. But I'm still not very happy. The last time I was really happy was...

It hit me like a sack of... ah nevermind. What's important is that I get to bring back Maria. I really don't know what I'm feeling right now. Anxiety. I think I love her. Or at least I did... I don't know. Is it heartbreak? But I found someone else. Well... Val's nice, but no one can really take Maria's place... Maybe its guilt? That must be it. I'm just feeling guilty about what happened. I promised her I wouldn't let her die, but I did. But it will be all better now that she'll be raised from the dead... right?

My mind is a mess. But I can't let it show. It's really been affecting me lately. I haven't been up to par. Not that I really know what par is since I haven't really tested my newfound powers. I feel so strong, but I don't know if it's enough. Can I protect the ones I love now? Damn it, Zac! Get it together. Get it together... It's showtime.

I found Stewart back in hell. He better not think just because he got the drop on me last time that he can take me. I'm not afraid of death. Especially not now.

"Stewart. It's time for you to hold up your end of the deal. I want Maria."

He smiled a sickeningly sinister smile. I really can barely stomach being in the same room with him anymore. I'm surprised I got down that heart. If it wasn't for that honey mustard Alex gave me... I don't even wanna think about it.

Stewart did some weird thing with his hands and a portal opened. It was bright. Almost blinding. Out popped Maria. She was unconscious. Stewart closed the portal and looked at her and then me.

"I'm gonna give you some time. She'll come to in less than an hour. I've got work to do."

With that he portaled away. Probably to go kill some more people. He would choose death of all the horsemen to be. I picked up Maria and took her back through a portal to my place in San Diego where Val was waiting for me. I just looked at her. I didn't really know how she would feel about this. She gave me a faint smile.

"Don't worry, Zach. It'll work out."

And just like that I knew everything would be alright. I took her to my bedroom and laid her down on my bed. She was still asleep.

"Val. I don't know how she's gonna take it. I really let her down. And I don't know how to explain things to her about whats going on now. could you give us a minute. I promise I'll call you to talk to her."

"No problem."

She walked out. Damn. She really is one in a million. I turned my attention back to Maria. I sat and waited. After what seemed like forever Maria woke up. She looked up at me. I didn't know what to say.

"Zac?"

"Everything's fine. You're back. Now everything's fine. I missed you so much. Everyday, I thought about you. You have no idea."

We just stared at each other.

"I'm... I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise... I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough. I..."

I didn't know what else I could say.

"I forgive you."

We just smiled at each other. Then I went in for the cliche kiss. Instead of her lips, I made contact with her fist. Damn she hits hard! Then she preceded to kick me in the balls, and otherwise beat the living shit out of me. After she was done and I was in a corner holding on to what was left of my damaged goods I managed to ask, "Why? I thought you forgave me?"

"For letting me die, yes. That wasn't your fault. It was mine. That was for shacking with that bitch! I saw how you looked at her when she left the room!"

"I thought you were sleep! You were playing possum!?! You crazy bitch!"

As soon as the last two words left my mouth she went from angry to smiling again. What the fuck?

"That's more like it. I love it when you talk to me like that. Val, you can come in now."

Val walked in. They hugged.

"It's been such a long time, Maria!... Wow, you really made a mess of him didn't you?"

"Ah, he can take it. That's why I love 'em so much. What about yourself. Looks like we still have the same taste in boys."

"What the fuck?! You two know each other?"

"Yeah! We went to the same school up until we were 14!"

Holy shit. I can't believe this. At least they're getting along. But I don't know how good that is for me...

"Alright, I think it's time we made up for that ass-kicking you just gave him."

"Yeah I guess you're right."

Nevermind!

"Let's give him some time to rest up. Meanwhile you can get me up to speed on what's going on."

They both walked out laughing maniacally. Nevermind... I think I liked it better when she was just screaming...

Dr. Orange

StumbleUpon

No comments: