Monday, September 21, 2009

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? #1

So... I've decided to take it upon myself to post more often, mostly because the ratio of posted material between me and the Russian vs the Green Guy is just appalling. That being said, let us proceed with the representin'.


Here's the first installment in the new weekly "You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?" series of updates. Now I've decided that I'll post these every monday, simply because everyone knows that monday is the gear-grindinest day of the week. (Don't worry, I'll post earlier in the day next time.)

"You Know What Really Grinds My Gears? Private colleges that only give need-based scholarships. I can't stand that. I mean, how are you gonna say that the only people who deserve help are 'poor' people. How do you even qualify 'financially needy'? Your telling me that just because my parents make $125,000 rather than $90,000, they should pay for everything? Your already expensive as hell(Caltech, my dream school, is about $50,000 a year. That's...hold on, im calculating...40% of our income...before taxes!). What if I've been incredible throughout high school, maintaining a high GPA in my school's hardest classes? I don't deserve anything for that? You're telling me I should have just sat there and settled for just enough to get into college? As a friend of mine would say, 'THAT'S BULLCORN!' That really grinds my gears."

Dr. Orange

StumbleUpon

No comments: