Friday, January 28, 2011

What The Hell Are All These Squiggly Lines? ... Part 85

"What are we doing back here?"


"I needed some place to go and this is kind of the only place I have."


"Why did you choose this place? You have mountains and crystal caves and undiscovered abandoned ruins, but you choose to meditate here."


"It's the only place that makes sense. No one can find me here. If we were playing hide and seek, I would never lose."


"It is not my job to question your decisions. I was just curious to know why we were back ....... here."


"It's still your home. You don't have to refer to it as some foreign place."


"This has stopped being a home for us some time ago. We like to refer to it as our prison."


"I understand. I apologize for bringing you here then, we will leave as soon as I am ready."


"No need to apologize, you didn't force us to come here. We are here voluntarily to update you on our assignment."


"Assignment?"


"The scrolls, sir."


"Oh shit, all this training made me completely lose focus. What news do you have?"


"We have them in our possession."


I felt as if this was a joke. All the time I spent getting these scrolls and Raven just assembles them and brings them forth. If it was anyone else, I wouldn't have believed them but Raven doesn't seem to have a sense of humor. That is definitely something to work on.


"Wow, in that case could you please take a more humanoid form. It feels rather weird to talk to a panther."


The transformation was almost instantaneous. The form Raven took was rather peculiar. The female form looked familiar but at the same time no name came to mind.


"Is this satisfactory?"


"Yea thats great, who's form is that?"


"It is a combination of the forms of our people and the forms of the population that we encountered on our journey."


"You really know how to put on a show."


"Thank you, now are the lights off for a reason?"


"Lights?"


"Yes, the lights. We're going to go look if the training rooms have been repaired and turn the lights on. We apologize for interrupting your meditation."


"It's perfectly alright, but before you go, could I get those scrolls?"


"Certainly."


Raven walked off into the distance. After Raven disappeared from sight a clicking sounds started to echo throughout the room. The clicking paused and the door closed shut. I assume Raven took the form of the old man for old times sake. The lights came on shortly after the door closed and I laid out all the scrolls and the heart of Dracula before me. It took several minutes of looking in amazement at this collage before I realized that I had absolutely no idea what the scrolls had to say. I can't believe I had half of them all this time and never bothered to look at them. Why can't something be easy for once. I needed to find someone who knew what was on these scrolls. Just as the thought took place in my head the doors behind me opened and the clicking of the cane resumed to echo in the room. It was a hell of a chance but it was a chance that couldn't be wasted.


"We see you finally looked at those scrolls."

StumbleUpon

No comments: