Tuesday, January 25, 2011

And so the story continues ... Part 84

It has been several months since I began my training as a horseman and I must admit, it was rather entertaining at the beginning. Animals waging wars and humans battling to their dying breath with nerf guns is entertaining but does eventually get boring, but no matter how fun everything has to come to an end. As I killed of  the remainder  of the cows that were winning in yet another cow/horse mini-war I decided that it was time to head back and that my powers were under enough control for now. I set out to the underworld.


Which was surprisingly empty. I was rather confused, everyone was gone. No minions in sight, no generals, no advisors. Every room was empty and still as if no one had entered them since we all separated. I couldn't help but feel lost and confused. What has happened since our departure? Where is everyone? Why is the underworld so ..... dead? Questions flooded my mind and the lack of answers brought a fog to my head. I was walking aimlessly from room to room hoping to find any sign of life or death but none appeared. Even the news held no answers but did have an interesting bit on some exploding nebula that might create a second sun. Sounded like a complete load of shit to me but who knows, anything is possible. 


After awhile I gave up my search and went to my room. Nothing had been moved, even the crumbs from something I ate before leaving.


It felt like a dream. It could only be described as a vivid scene constructed by my subconscious and I wanted to believe that it was but everything was so real. I wanted to deny what I was seeing but it was right in front of me. The empty void that used to be so full of death. The stillness is surreal in comparison to the busyness of the place before I left, granted it was going through a change in management. I knew I couldn't stay here, it was too quiet, too still. 


I pulled a portal from my jacket. The motions have almost become fluid from practice. It was the last place I wanted to go but at the same time, it was the only place to go. All I could do was close my eyes and step through the portal.


The rushing currents welcomed me. It seemed like the whole city was aware that I had arrived, or maybe it was just the souls of the previous residents in the pocket of my jacket. It was nice to feel welcomed nonetheless, even if it was in the most solitary place no one knows exist.


I opened my eyes to complete darkness. I hadn't anticipated the time. I wasn't tired but felt exhausted. I pulled out something that glowed and a mat to sit on. I sat and began to meditate. 


The world slowly drifted further away, all the cares were dissolving and any thought of the mission that was ahead siphoned out of my mind. It would be an understatement to call the feeling bliss. All I knew is that I didn't have a care in the world and that I was alone in the most secluded place on Earth. So I did the only thing to do.


I waited.


The Russian

StumbleUpon

No comments: