Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Who Knew Prisons Could Be This Useful ... Part 91

Too much time had passed. I knew what I had to do and what the consequences of training to be a horseman of the apocalypse would be, but when your heart is not dedicated to destroying the very world you grew up in. Well that just makes everything very difficult. Isolation has many ways of breaking a man's spirit and body. No matter how hard I trained and kept myself from thinking about Adrienne. The thoughts invaded my dreams and no matter how much I did not like the idea. Even seeing Stewart at this point would raise my spirits yet the same thought made me sick. 


We all left with the intention of training to control the powers we have taken and I have put that off for long enough. Defeating Stewart will be no easy task and I must have all the power I can wield in order to even stand a chance. I know I must train but I cannot bring myself to kill innocent people in a selfish endeavor to increase my own power. The more I thought about it the sicker it made me, I had to have some time for myself and there was only one place that was possible. I had to go back to the North Pole.


Another dream of Adrienne. They are becoming increasingly vivid. Is this my decline into insanity or is isolation having a greater impact on me than I expected. Shortly after waking up Harx, that beast could sleep half the day if you allowed it to, I noticed something unfamiliar on the horizon. It seemed like a black blur at first. As it got closer the shape of a cat began to appear. It was standing in front of me within minutes.


"You look rather familiar." Almost immediately after it stopped right in front of me the shape of the cat began to change. There was something strange about all of this because Harx wasn't reacting to the shape-shifter's presence or maybe his memory was just much better than mine.


"My master sent me to find you." The shape-shifter had taken the form of an old man which strikingly reminded me of my uncle but the appearance of the man was weak and the shifter used a cane. This was rather puzzling since the shifter was clearly rather powerful.


"That tells me absolutely nothing about who you are and who sent you."


"I would be insulted that you didn't remember but we were never formally introduced. My master has given me the name Raven and as for my master, he is a good friend of yours and goes by the name of Alex."


"Wait ... You are the girl he was with in Hell?"


"Yes, We both thought that keeping my identity a secret would be for the best at the time."


"Well now that we know who you are. What are you doing here and how did you find me here?"


"My master asked me to find you and mentioned a couple of places where you would be. This was clearly one of them."


"That answers one of the questions."


"As for the reason why, my master and I have recently uncovered some disturbing news and he is trying to share it as soon as possible."


"I'm listening." Harx had picked up on the conversation and had moved in closer to hear what was going on.


"As you know your recent acquirement of the powers of the Horsemen was rather sudden and came without much information. My master and I came upon some disturbing information recently. As you are aware one of your friends recently killed the lord of vampires, Dracula."


"Not so much a friend now as an acquaintance ."


"That is beside the point. Dracula was hired by the previous Horsemen to keep order on Earth."


This news was very unexpected and in no way prepared me for what would come next. The fact that Dracula was in the Horsemen's pocket was flabbergasting enough.


"I see that was rather a shock but there is more that you definitely want to hear. Being a Horseman is a one time job. The power required to drive an apocalypse is so immense that each Horseman is sucked dry of his life force and therefore dies upon the completion of his job."

The shifter was right. The news was so unexpected I couldn't keep simple thoughts in my head. A twister had formed in my mind. Everything was just a cluster-fuck, nothing yet everything made sense.


"My master has recently come into the possession of the scrolls required to summon Dracula from the void so his, Zac's, and your death can be prevented. He is rather keen on not dying anytime soon so he sent me to inform you of the news. This is where we are currently staying."


The shifter produced something from it's sweater. It looked like a rolled up scroll but I could sense power. This wasn't anything ordinary as directions or an address scribbled on some torn of piece of notebook paper.  


"It is a portal to the apartment in Russia we are staying. Feel free to use it as a base. When I leave here I will be joining my master in a search so it is very unlikely we will see you anytime soon."


"Thank you for everything and tell Alex I would like to join him as soon as I have all these powers under control."


"I will send the sentiment. As for the training my master wishes to know if you given prisons any though? Just an idea. Use the portal whenever you wish. I will find you when we find more information."


The shifter changed back into a panther before my eyes and was gone before I could utter another word. The twister in my head was dying down and concrete thoughts were finally forming. I felt guilty for having been so concentrated on what all this power was going to accomplish while others have tried to stop it from being unleashed. I know I must help him as soon as I am able to. First, I must finally get in control of all this power.


"Harx!" Harx quickly rose to his feet and stared right at me. I could see the desire to fight in his eyes.


"We have a prison to find."


The Knight

StumbleUpon

No comments: