Monday, February 28, 2011

Everyone was Frog Fu Fighting ... Part 89

We did not know where to start. How do you even begin to search for a person who has been in hiding half of her life? 

"You are talking to yourself again."

"Not again."

I never noticed how often I talked to myself until I acquired a companion. Maybe I should talk in Russian so it doesn't seem like I am speaking nonsense.

"I have a perfect knowledge of Russian."

"Dammit."

"It's alright, I am not here to judge what you say to yourself. We should start looking for this apprentice and soon, you don't have much time."

Raven was right, we had to start our search, immediately. I decided that going to the home of Dracula. If anyone would know how to find the closest person to Dracula, that person would most likely be amongst the vampires.

Raven agreed and we ported to the vampire safe house. I was not expecting a welcoming party but I definitely did not expect to see what I did. Dead bodies covered the floor and occasional racket  came from upstairs. As we made our way up the stairs the noises grew louder.

I have not been here in a long time but I knew where that door lead to. I opened the door to Dracula's office and was stunned to see Dracula's top two officers battling in the middle of the room. Almost everything has been overturned and it seemed a small fire has made it's way from the floor to some of the books lining the walls. The officers were so preoccupied with their battle they did not notice I had entered the room.

"Raven could you do something about this?"

"Not exactly. My powers are very limited."

I pulled a sword and calmly walked up close to the battleground. Calmly pulling the sword and holding it out between the two officers made them stop mid-swing.

The first officer was the first to speak after both of them had sat down and the fire was taken care of. 

"Mr. Alex, I must apologize that you had to witness this. Things have been different here recently."

"What is the meaning of all of this? Dimitri, Vincent ... I would like for you to explain what has been going on here. Don't leave out any details, I may be in a hurry but I need your help and it seems that you may need mine."

Vincent spoke up first.

"Ever since your acquaintance took over half of the vampire army, there has been a very violent civil war. The vampires currently under the control of your friend are fighting the vampires that you chose not to control. The war has been thinning our numbers but my brethren are powerless against the will of their master."

"That does seem like something twisted he would decide to do but why would he make his vampires attack the vampires that are supposed to be under my control."

"He just has us attacking supernatural beings that are not under the control of him or his friends. It is not your fault and it is not his intention, it is just the way that things have turned out. Why have you come here to seek our help?"

"I am looking for Dracula's first apprentice."

"Why are you looking for ..... her?"

I had no choice but to show him the scrolls. The look of recognition on the faces of the officers was enough for me.

"This is why. She may be the only one who can bring back your leader."

"We wish we could help you but we just don't have that knowledge. Dracula was careful but on this topic, he was too careful."

StumbleUpon

No comments: